I’ve been a web designer and developer for over twenty years. Here a list of skills, work experience and projects, along with a few endorsements.
- I’ve been crafting websites from scratch with HTML and CSS since 1998, later adopting dynamic languages such as PHP and Shopify’s Liquid to handle the logic and generate the markup, and SASS for stylesheets.
- Been using WordPress as my CMS of choice since version 1.5, building custom themes and plug-ins. I recently switched to Jamstack and the static site generator Jekyll for my recent projects. I use it with or without an headless CMS.
- I can set up, run and maintain local and remote web servers running Apache and MySQL either through a GUI or SSH.
- Well versed in graphic tools such as Sketch, Figma and more, as well as DTP software like Adobe InDesign.
- My code editor of choice is the cross-platform Sublime Text, using git as the preferred versioning system.
Web designer and developer at Minutes to Midnight2017-present (Cambridge/Milan)
Design, front-end development, deployment and maintenance.
- Pure HTML and CSS responsive carousel in Jekyll
- Minutes to Midnight
- Silvia Maggi Design
- No Slack Day
Web designer and developer at UI Farm Ltd2012-2017 (London)
Co-founder, web designer and UI developer, I worked for many clients, such as Reevoo, Not On The High Street, UniCredit, Elite, APM, Women Management.
At UI Farm, we pioneered responsive web design, and I contributed to building a bespoke responsive framework on top of WordPress (theme, child theme and custom plug-ins), featuring a performance-first approach.
Web designer and developer at Bodog2011-2012 (London)
Web designer and developer at New Energy / Part of Accenture2005-2011 (Milan)
Initially working for a subsidiary company, I fully joined New Energy as a UI developer, ending up leading a multi-disciplinary UX team. Within the role, I contributed to UniCredit’s corporate websites, their online banking system, the online acquisition landing pages and forms.
I also produced mockups and working prototypes for the in-house usability tests; helped setting up the internal usability lab and led the A/B testing workflow, including R&D for eye-tracking.
Web designer and developer at Playstos Entertainment2000-2005 (Milan)
While I was the team leader and sound designer for the for PlayStation 2 video game Ruff Trigger: The Vanocore Conspiracy, published by Natsume, I was also in charge of the design and development of the company website, its subsidiaries and all the games websites.
- Italian: native
- English: bilingual proficiency
- German: elementary
Check out the full list on LinkedIn.
Simply put, Simone is one of the finest, and most passionate front-end developers that I have every come across. His knowledge on UI and UX is vast and combine this with his front-end development skills, he is one of the finest front end developers out there. It was a pleasure to manage and work with Simone and I hope to get the chance again in the future.— Neil Kenneth Palmer, VP of product development at C6 Marketing
Simone was an integral member of our team. His passion for the web and careful and persistent work ethic meant that he delivered consistently above expectations. His initiative is impressive. His experience makes him an expert in his field; has a firm understanding of front end web. With his sharp sense of humor, he would make a wonderful addition to any web team!— Michelle Anderson, staff engineer at Deliveroo
My experience of working with Simone has always been very positive and enjoyable. Simone always takes a pragmatic and investigative approach to finding solutions for our needs and has very friendly and helpful attitude. His attention to detail makes him always deliver perfect coded products, saving us time and concerns on the web projects he develops.— Gabriele Rosati, UX and interaction design manager at UniCredit